Well as you probably already figured out my name is Flor Hernandez. I live in Santa Rosa right now, but was raised in Phoenix, AZ. I am in the Coast Guard, so I have been lucky enough to have travel quite a bit in the last few years, mostly Central America. I started as an SN on board the Coast Guard Cutter Chase out of San Diego. There I had many jobs but the main was being an interpreter. I loved that job and hope to go back as soon as my tour is over here and I finish school. That brings me to my current job, I went to YN-A school at Training Center Petaluma, most people here call it Two Rock, and I was able to stay. It is not the most exiting job but it allows me to go to school.
I believe that I am more of a visual learner, but it really just depends on what I am supposed to be learning. I normally like to get my assignments done early, but have found that lately I have been kind of slow. In all honesty what I would like to get out of this class is better grammar, I am also a horrible speller, but I think that might be a different class (ha ha ha). I think that some of the most important things to know about me are that I love to meet new people, I ask a lot of questions, and that I am not very good with technology.
Hi Flor,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've had great adventures with the Coast Guard. What degree are you working on? Will you stay in the Coast Guard after graduating?
Looking forward to working with you.
Lauren
Hi Flor,
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, thank you for commenting on my blog. Second, thanks for offering me your help, I can asure you that when the time comes I'll take your word. Now, I'm sure that you must get this a lot but I'm honestly dying to know more about the kind of job that you do with the Coast Guard. My parents would probably tied me to my bed before letting me get a job like that but it just sounds facinating to me. Well, I'm looking foward to read more of your blogs, and also count on me if you need any help.
Hi Flor,
ReplyDeleteThat's sweet that you get to travel a lot! I think that would be fun. Your job sounds amazing. I would like to know more about it. You probably will learn some things about spelling. The good thing with online classes is that there is spell check so no one really needs to be good at spelling. I need to work on my grammar also. Good luck!
Hi Flor,
ReplyDeleteWow sounds like you had a really cool job. How was it, i bet it was an exciting adventure. Well as for me im just a certified phlebotomist, nothing compared to yourr job. I'm on the same page as you, grammar is not my best subject, but if you ever need help, i'm just only a call away. Good luck
Myra